Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ffffffreeeeeedom.

This past weekend I left Pattaya and headed for Bangkok. I needed to get out of town and surround myself with people my age...in some sort of adventurous environment. Becca had been in Bangkok all week, as she was staying there before heading onto Chang Mai in northern Thailand, so I booked a bed in a hostel for two nights and took a bus up after work on Friday evening. The hostel was so awesome. It had the best decor and was located just outside of the busy center of town so it was nice and quiet. My first time in Bangkok was right after having traveled for 17 hours from California, so I was jet lagged, overwhelmed, and didn't get to enjoy it much. I was glad to be back to give it another try. My hostel room consisted of me, two boys from England, and very attractive boy from France. He had a nice french accent...and was nice to look at as well but unfortunately he only stayed for one night so I didn't get to know him. Anyway, over the course of the weekend, I met a ton of people from all over the world. It was so much fun to be around other people my age, on their own adventures, and eager to meet people. I absolutely loved it. Becca told me that I looked like I was on cloud 9 the entire time, and I was. It really doesn't take much to make me happy. We rode the subway from the hostel into town both mornings for breakfast which was fun and exciting. Then we walked all over, visiting temples, markets, and did some shopping. We also took a river tour on a long-tail boat and got to see a different side of Bangkok. At night, we ventured on the crazy khaosan road to enjoy the nightlife. It was the best weekend and needless to say, Monday and Tuesday have been very hard.


 train station.














No comments:

Post a Comment