Needless to say, the overnight train experience was terrifying. I've taken over 6 overnight trains now, and none of them came even close to this in terms of quality. It was as if the train was being driven by someone on speed.....and I wanted to ask someone for a seat belt. At one point during the night, the train was moving so fast that my entire body rose into the air and then slammed back down on my bed. I was on the verge of vomiting but I managed to calm myself down. It was a really scary experience, and not to sound dramatic but, I honestly considered the possibility of that train ride ending in a fiery crash :(
I finally arrived in Krabi Ao Nang some 20 hours later....and went straight for the shower. The hostel we chose to stay at had falsely advertised the accommodations and I soon came to find that my room had only a fan and cold water. I'm not complaining about the cold water because it is balls hot outside, but it was going to be a rough night with only a fan to keep me cool. Rude! So, after that, Liz Derek and I head to the beach to find that the water is murky and really warm (yuck). Within minutes of Derek getting into the water, he gets stung by a jelly fish. We were all disappointed in the beach, as we were hoping to find clear blue water. It started to rain so we all decided to get massages. I am going to miss being able to get an hour oil massage for $3.00. That night over dinner, we came to an agreement that there was nothing special about Krabi Ao Nang and we'd rather spend out limited days together elsewhere (hopefully somewhere with clear blue water). Through suggestions from friends who had previously been to Thailand, we decided on Railay beach, and with the help of a travel agent, we got a deal on a room at a nice hotel in Railay.
The search for a desktop background beach continues...
cloudy day on Ao Nang beach.
Thai ladies love him already.
after our massages.
this shopkeeper loved them.
my old pal Derek!
Ao Nang goods.
shopping.
just a boy I picked up...no big deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment