Well today has been the longest day ever, and I feel like I should blog before I go too long without writing and thus forget everything. I arrived at school today to find out it would be my last day. I knew it was coming, but did not realize it would be today. Although excited to begin traveling, I am really going to miss my class. The worst part is that more than half of them weren't even here today (including Tawan)! Therefore, when I get back from my vacation in Koh Phangan next week, I am going back to the school to return the bicycle I've been borrowing from them, and I will say goodbye to my little friends.
I am headed to Koh Phangan, an island south of Pattaya, located in between the islands of Koh Samui and Koh Tao. My main purpose for going there this weekend, is the Full Moon party. I believe I have fully underestimated the size of this event because when I arrived at the train station tonight, I was disappointed to find out the train was completely full until 7:30PM tomorrow night and even then, the only seats left were chairs with a fan. This is a 14 hour train ride, and I was hoping to book a seat that turns into a bed, with air conditioning. It does not look like there is any chance of that happening, so a chair with a fan will have to do. I really should have planned ahead and booked a train ticket weeks in advance. Sometimes I don't think. Ugh. With nowhere to go, and nowhere to stay for the next 24 hours, I ventured a few blocks from the train station to a hostel I stayed at the last time I was in Bangkok. I got there JUST before she locked the doors for the night and luckily there were rooms available. I am so grateful because it is dark and raining, and I thought I'd be riding on the train right now. This will just be a MINOR detour in my plans and I will not let it ruin the excitement I have for what is yet to come! My friend Becca is already there and she said it is just crazy packed with people and it's going to be an awesome adventure. We are staying on Koh Phangan for the next 5 days....and then I will plan where to go from there! Stay tuned for pictures next week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment