Sunday, July 31, 2011

the magic of Chiang Mai.

The past few days spent in Chiang Mai were probably my favorite of all the places I've visited in Thailand. The minute I arrived at my hostel, I knew there was something different about this place...something special. My camera and I took a walk, and we ended up walking all day and eventually rented a bike because my legs were tired and I still had much more to see! My guidebook described Chiang Mai as a laid-back, artsy, "up and coming" city...and it was just that. The street I stayed on had art galleries followed by cafes, followed by little shops and restaurants. It reminded me a little bit of Santa Barbara. At night, the streets are lined with white twinkly lights and paper lanterns that seem to hang from the sky. It is a wonderful place.

 my room at the Parami Guesthouse. I highly recommend it if you are ever in Chiang Mai!







 Fresh flowers at the local market.




No comments:

Post a Comment