Friday, May 20, 2011
E is for Elephant.
E is for Elephant. That is how I teach my class the letters of the alphabet. This particular letter is usually followed by my awful impression of an elephant, where I put my arm up to my nose and wave it up and down while simultaneously making an elephant noise (?)...anyway, all of the kids crack up and try to copy me. BUT that is besides the point because this post is going to be about the REAL elephant I saw this weekend. You will probably assume I went to an elephant farm...or a zoo. But no. I was at the beach! Becca and I found another beach this past weekend...even further south, called Ban Saray. We were the only tourists there...so naturally we were attacked by the paparazzi of Thai men. It was a beautiful beach, complete with Thai boats out in the water, and palm trees in the sand. After laying in the sun for awhile...I stood up to grab my water bottle and as I turned back around...what do I see coming down the beach? AN ELEPHANT...a real live elephant. I couldn't believe my eyes. He was just trotting along with his owner at his side, stopping to eat some shrubs and then continuing on towards me. For 20 baht (approximately 68 cents) I was able to feed him some celery sticks! It was amazing and truly the last thing I expected to be doing at the beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment