It's only been 3 days and I am already in love with my class. They are 2 years old and they crack me up. I think of 2 year olds as babies...but these kids have such big personalities for being so young, and most of them know their stuff! Today I quizzed them on body parts and I'd say 10 out of 15 of them knew every single one! I was impressed. The language barrier is a little difficult though. A lot of the time, they don't understand what I'm saying to them unless I'm holding something in my hand or pointing to a picture....but when their Thai teacher is giving a lesson, they sit perfectly in their chairs and listen to her. She is also able to discipline them because they know what she is saying....and probably because they are drugged by her awful breath. When I try to get them to stop hitting each other or something like that....it takes longer for them to register what I'm saying. I still enjoy getting to hang out with them though. Warot is my favorite. He is the CUTEST kid and he cracks himself up. He loves to tap me on the shoulder and then look the other way when I turn around. It gives him, and me, the biggest laugh. Adam is another favorite. He likes to hug me and is always pointing to things and asking me what they are. He gets the biggest smile on his face when he sees me on the playground or around school. All of the kids get a kick out of getting a high-five. I did it on the first day of class for positive reinforcement and they all can't get enough of them.
Warot eating lunch.
Christina, Adam, and Warot.
No comments:
Post a Comment